Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
15th February 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
A one-day course on the nature and importance of effective communication in the workplace. You will learn the stages in the communication cycle, barriers to effective communication, the advantages and disadvantages to different methods of communication and how to asses your own communication and how to improve your communication performance
What the course will cover
- Stages in the communication cycle and barriers to communication
- Written, oral and non-verbal communication
- Assessing and improving your own communication performance
What you will learn
- Be able to describe the importance of effective communication and the effects of poor communication
- Gain an understanding of the stages in the communication cycle and its relevance for effective management communication
- Be aware of the of the potential barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Gain an understanding of the different types of communication, the advantages and disadvantages of each and when each method is appropriate
- Learn the influence of non-verbal communication on the effectiveness of oral communication
- Know how to gain feedback and use feedback to improve your own communication skills
Who should attend
- New and aspiring managers
- Managers who already have some management responsibilities but no or little formal training
- Managers who wish to develop as a leader
- Course Workbook
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Certificate of Achievement
Course Fee: £299 + VAT per delegate. Book online here.
Alternatively, book 5 or more delegates on to the same course, at the same time, and receive a 20% discount.
All booking are subject to our terms and conditions.