ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
28th March @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Leadership the remains the number one talent issue for organisations. Research shows a direct correlation between poor leadership and a high turnover of staff. You are no doubt familiar with the phrase “Employees don’t leave companies, they leave managers”.
It is vital that managers have the skills to inspire, motivate and support employees to create high performing teams, increase engagement and reduce staff turnover. If organisations want to build a strong leadership pipeline, it is necessary to develop leaders at all levels.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is ideal for first line managers who have management responsibilities but no, or little, formal training, or are an aspiring manager and have a high amount of potential.
Programme Units and Outcomes
Understanding Leadership – 28th March 2019
- A greater understanding of the differences between leadership and management
- Understand the different styles of leadership and the factors that affect the choice of leadership style
- Understand the qualities necessary for effective leadership
- Be able to reflect on your own leadership qualities and potential.
- Be aware of how to assess your own leadership style and create appropriate actions plans to enhance your own leadership behaviour.
How to Motivate and Improve Performance – 25th April 2019
- Understand what motivation is and the factors that influence motivation levels
- Understand how people’s individual differences affect levels of motivation
- Understand how the theory of motivation can be used to improve performance levels
- Be aware of how employee engagement can improve levels of motivation.
Solving Problems and Making Decisions – 23rd May 2019
- Understand how to recognise, define, investigate and analyse problems
- Understand how to gather and interpret information to identify possible solutions to a problem
- Understand how to evaluate those options to arrive at the best solution
- Be able to plan the implementation and communication of the solution decided upon
- Gain knowledge of different monitoring and review techniques for assessing the outcomes of implementation.
Planning and Allocating Work – 27th June 2019
- Understand how to identify organisational targets relevant to the team and set SMART objectives
- Discover techniques to plan how to achieve objectives, monitor planned activities and measure performance
- Learn how to delegate activities effectively, assess and support team members in achieving objectives
- Gain an understanding of factors that could cause a variance from a planned activity and actions to overcome them
- Understand how to involve team members in identifying ways to improve performance to meet objectives.
Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace – 25th July 2019
- Understand the importance of effective communication and the stages in the communication cycle
- Discover the potential barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Be aware of the methods of written and oral communication, and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Understand how non-verbal communication can influence the effectiveness of oral communication
- Understand the value of feedback in ensuring effective communication, be able to assess your communication skills and identify actions to improve your performance in communication.
Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements – 22nd August 2019
- Understand the main legal rights of customers and managers’ responsibilities regarding customer service
- Understand internal, external and potential customers
- Be able to identify the needs of both external and internal customers
- Understand how to care for the customer and how to maintain customer care standards, as well as how to maintain effective customer relationships
- Consider the rights of customers and the responsibilities of organisations towards them
- Understand how customer feedback can be used to improve performance in customer service.
Format of the Programme
A classroom-based programme, made up of six highly interactive masterclasses, focusing on real business examples and which take place once a month (9:00am to 4:30pm). Some preparation is required for the workshops, enabling you to come prepared to take an active part in group discussions and increase the value of the workshops.
The ILM accreditation is assessed by the completion of a short work-based assignment (approximately 1200 words) for each subject area. You will receive three hours of one-to-one tutorial support to assist you with the completion of the work-based assignments. Those opting for the Premier programme will also receive a DISC personality profile and six monthly one-to-one coaching sessions (lasting up to 90 minutes) to further embed your learning and provide support on the implementation of the action plans you will create.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. This programme is suitable for anyone who is a junior manager, supervisor or aspiring manager. However, to fully benefit from the programme, it is recommended that you have a level 2, or equivalent (i.e. GCSE), in literacy and numeracy.
- Course Handbook
- 6 x Interactive Masterclasses
- Extensive Library of Tools and Resources
- Access to Delphinium’s Learning Management System
- ILM Programme Manuals
- 3 Hours of 1-to-1 Tutorial Support
- Membership to the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Internationally Recognised Qualification
Upgrade to Premier
By upgrading to our Premier programme you will also receive:
- 6 x 1-to-1 Coaching Sessions
- DISC Personality Profile
- Additional Telephone and Email Support
- 10% Discount on Other Servies Purchased
The masterclasses will be held at Kuits Solicitors, 7th Floor, Blackfriars House, St. Mary’s Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2JA. Blackfriars House is situated only moments away from Deansgate and Victoria train stations. The conference rooms are light and airy and provide a fantastic environment for learning.
Standard Programme – £1999 or 3 monthly instalments of £739
Premier Programme – £2999 or 6 monthly instalments of £549
Booking Instructions and Further Information
To register your, or if you would like any additional information on this programme or any of our other training programmes, call us on 0161 949 9736 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.